Current Vacancies at Uttoxeter
We are now looking for people to join our team. If you fancy creating fantastic experiences for our customers, then take a look below
Uttoxeter Racecourse is seeking a driven Operations Manager to join the team. We are looking for a dedicated and conscientious Operations Manager who will join our passionate team and contribute to delivering exceptional results. This a challenging and exciting role where you can really make a difference and be part of what we do here at the Racecourse.
Reporting to the General Manager you will manage the operational elements of Raceday and non-racing events and ensure they run efficiently and safely. You will ensure the site is consistently presented and maintained to a high standard through management of the site health and safety, maintenance, cleaning and security teams.
Some of the key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Working with the Group H&S Manager you are to maintain the racecourses safety management system.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures in line with the Group Health and Safety policy for all eventualities including race days, events and venue hire.
- Responsible for liaising with all statutory authorities, including representation at regular safety advisory group meetings.
- Organise and liaise with race/event day suppliers including mobile catering units, trade stands, children’s entertainment ensuring they have appropriate health and safety documentation and/or environmental health documentation (food hygiene, etc). You will also locate these suppliers in relevant positions.
- Create and maintain plans and procedures to ensure traffic arrives and leaves the course safely and efficiently. This includes management of the course entrances.
- Working alongside the Commercial Team to oversee preparation of the site and buildings for all events ensuring an operational plan is in place for all events and that buildings are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Ensure we have noise management plans in place for relevant events.
- Ensure there is an on-going maintenance programme that suits the demands. Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies, monitoring all contractors to ensure they work in accordance with the company’s code of practice for contractors.
Qualifications / Experience
- Achieved or working towards NEBOSH
- Achieved or working towards Spectator Safety at level 4
- 3 + years working in a similar role to what is described above
- Proven track record of managing, motivating and leading a team
To apply for the position of Opeerations Manager at Uttoxeter please visit the Arena Racing Company Cadidate website here.
Food & Beverage Casual Workers
We’re looking for people who:
- Possible duties for Food & Beverage Casual Workers could include: (subject to minimum age restrictions)
- Front of House Assistants- Bar/Catering/Hospitality
- Hospitality Supervisors/ Bar Team Leaders
- Hospitality / Restaurant Managers
- Cellar Coordinators/Supervisors
- Kitchen Porters/Kitchen Assistants
- A clear focus on delivering fantastic customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Relevant experience of food and beverage duties, ideally within the hospitality and leisure industries
To apply please download an application form below, fill out all relevant fields and send it to Anthony Gledhill, Catering General Manager, email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can post your application form to: Uttoxeter Racecourse, Wood Lane, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 8BD. Or, you can hand it in at the reception.
Steward Casual Workers
We rely on stewards to monitor key areas throughout our racecourse, from checking badges on enclosure gates to direct traffic on our multiple carparks.
If you’d like to find out more please email Rick Moss, Safety Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest. Alternatively, call 01889 562561.